Manual for DIY Landing Page WordPress Plug-in
The DIY Landing Page Plug-in is designed to allow you to create landing pages to promote your products from within your WordPress blog.
To install the plugin, follow these steps:
- Download the DIYLandPage.zip file via the email you received when you purchased the plugin.
- Log in to your blog’s admin area.
- Go to the Plugins menu and select the “Add New” option.
- On the main area of the page, under the “Install Plugins” text, you’ll see options for ‘Search,’ ‘Upload,’ ‘Featured,’ etc. – Select the ‘Upload’ option.
- Use the Browse button to search for the DIYLandPage.zip file from your hard drive and upload it to your blog then click on the “Install Now” button.
- This will upload the plugin software to your blog.
- Now, click on the “activate plugin” link to activate the plugin.
Using the DIY Landing Page Plugin
The plug-in will display your landing page content without the headers, sidebars and footers found on the other pages created on your WordPress site. This means that there is no additional “clutter” distracting your customers from reading the information you’ve written on your landing page — making it much more effective. And since your page’s content is created within WordPress and can make use of all of WordPress’s SEO benefits it’s very easy for you to maintain it and take full advantage of all of WordPress’s features and benefits.
To create a landing page using the plug-in, follow these steps:
- Create your page’s content.
This is done by creating a normal “Page” (not a blog post) within your WordPress admin.
- Use the DIYLandingPage plug-in to mark the page as a landing page.
This step causes the DIYLandingPage plug-in to recognize the page’s content as a landing page, rather than a normal WordPress page. This means your page will be displayed without WordPress’s standard headers, footers and sidebar widgets.
- Optionally, exclude the page. You can use the Exclude Pages plug-in if you do not want your page to appear in your navigation menus or Pages sidebar widget.
- Promote Your Page!
Your page is all set. Google will find and index your page, just like all of your other pages. If you’re using a plugin for SEO, you can set keywords and descriptions just like any other page on your blog. Only it’s appearance in a web browser will be different.